This recipe of salmon with clams is ideal for a family Summer lunch. It’s light, delicious and nutritious. Serve with a cold white wine.
- 250 grams (8 3/4 ounces) salmon loin
- 450 grams (1 pound) clams
- 1 medium onion
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 4 tablespoons mustard
- Juice of one lemon
- Pepper (to taste)
- Coriander (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Wash the clams under running water and set aside.
- Cut the salmon loin into cubes. Season the salmon and the clams with salt, pepper and lemon juice. Let marinate about 30 minutes.
- Place the olive oil and the chopped onion in a frying pan and saute over low heat until the onion start to turn slightly golden. Add the salmon and the clams together with the marinade. Season with some more pepper and the mustard, mix well and cook over low heat with the frying pan covered, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally (cook until the clams start to open).
- Turn off the heat, sprinkle with chopped coriander and serve with a cold white wine.