This is a simple recipe to serve at any occasion. Cook the pork with tomato, olive oil and onion, season with some delicious spices and serve with coriander rice.
- 600 grams (1 1/3 pounds) pork cut into cubes
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes
- 100 ml (1/2 cup) olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red pepper sauce
- Oregano (to taste)
- 100 ml (1/2 cup) white wine
- Pepper (to taste)
- Coriander (to taste)
- 250 grams (1 1/4 cups) rice
- Nutmeg (to taste)
- 2 medium onions
- Salt (to taste)
- Place 50 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil and a chopped onion in a frying pan and saute over low heat until the onion start to turn golden brown. Add the peeled tomatoes cut into small pieces and the meat and season with a little salt, oregano, nutmeg, red pepper sauce and pepper. Stir, cover the skillet with a lid and cook over medium-low heat about 25 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, place the remaining olive oil and a chopped onion in a saucepan and saute until the onion start to turn slightly golden. Add the rice and season with a little salt. Stir and fry the rice for about a minute, stirring occasionally. Pour the water (twice the rice volume) and boil over medium-high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to low heat and cook for about 10 minutes. When the rice is almost cooked, add the coriander, stir and turn off the heat.
- Serve the meat drizzled with the sauce and with coriander rice.