To prepare a healthy and tasty recipe of meat, make this our steaks recipe in the oven with potatoes. It’s ideal for a dinner with family, everyone will love it!
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTERSubscribe to our newsletter and receive new recipes in your inbox.
- 4 beef steaks (about 500 grams (17 1/2 ounces))
- 1.2 kg (2 2/3 pounds) potatoes
- 200 ml (about 1 cup) olive oil
- 100 ml (1/2 cup) white wine
- 8 cloves of garlic
- Pepper (to taste)
- Nutmeg (to taste)
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt (to taste)
- Season the steaks with salt, unpeeled crushed garlic, nutmeg, pepper, bay leaf and white wine. Let marinate for approximately one hour.
- Meanwhile, wash the potatoes with the peel and place them in a saucepan with water seasoned with salt. Bring to a boil over high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to medium-low heat and cook about 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF).
- When the potatoes are cooked, drain them and place in a baking dish. Give a small cut with a knife in each potato and season with 50 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil and pepper.
- Place the steaks in a rectangular baking dish together with the marinade and drizzle with the remaining olive oil. Place the two baking dishes in the oven and cook for 25 to 30 minutes (put the steaks baking dish on the lower rack of the oven and the potatoes baking dish on the upper rack).
- Turn off the oven and serve.