Watercress is an extremely nutritious and important vegetable to contribute to a good nutrition. Prepare this quite tasty watercress soup and give the necessary nutrients to your family.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
- 2 liters (8 cups) water
- 1 bunch of watercress (about 200 grams (7 ounces))
- 1 turnip
- 1 pumpkin slice (about 100 grams (3 1/3 ounces))
- 3 carrots
- 3 medium onions
- 1 leek
- 2 medium potatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt (to taste)
- Peel and wash the potatoes, carrots, onions, turnip, the pumpkin slice and the leek. In a large saucepan with 2 liters (8 cups) water put the potatoes, turnip, the carrots, the pumpkin slice, the leek and the onions, everything cut into pieces. When starts boiling, reduce to medium-low heat and cook for about 20 minutes.
- Remove briefly the saucepan from heat and use a hand blender to blend the soup until creamy. Season with olive oil and a little salt. Stir and place the saucepan back on the stove over high heat. When starts boiling, add the watercress and cook for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and serve.