- Servings : 12 slices
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 50m
Rate this recipe:
Going to receive visits at home and want to prepare a simple, fast and delicious cake for snack? This cocoa cake is perfect for the occasion, it’s very easy to prepare and has excellent presentation!
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 150 grams / (5 1/3 ounces) sugar
- Zest of one lemon
- 4 eggs
- 50 grams / (1 3/4 ounces) butter
- 150 grams / (5 1/3 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / (350ºF). Grease a bundt cake pan (24 x 8 centimeters / (9 1/2 x 3 1/4 inches)) with margarine and dust with flour.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the eggs, sugar and the butter until obtain a homogeneous mixture. Add the cocoa and the lemon zest and mix for 3 to 4 minutes until it’s nicely incorporated. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until a creamy and homogeneous mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 30 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- Turn off the oven and unmold the cake to a plate. Let cool completely and serve.