- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 35m
- Ready In : 50m
Rate this recipe:
A tasty cod recipe greatly appreciated in Portugal that everyone will like, try it!
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 4 desalted cod steaks (about 1 kg / (2 1/4 pounds))
- 5 medium ripe tomatoes
- 2 medium onions
- 100 ml / (6 3/4 tablespoons) olive oil
- Pepper (to taste)
- 1 kg / (2 1/4 pounds) potatoes
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1/2 green pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 cloves of garlic
- Salt (to taste)
- With a sharp knife, cut the cod steaks into pieces and peel the garlics. Wash, peel the potatoes and cut them into round slices.
- In a saucepan, place the onions cut into round slices, the peeled tomatoes cut into pieces, the peeled garlics, the peppers cut into strips, the potatoes and the cod. Drizzle with olive oil and season with a little salt, bay leaf and pepper. Cover the pan and simmer over low heat about 35 minutes. Occasionally shake the pan (do not stir with a spoon to not break the potatoes).
- Turn off the heat, and let stand for a few minutes before serving.