- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 55m
- Ready In : 60m
Rate this recipe:
Want to prepare a light and easy meal but at the same time tasty and nutritious. Try our rabbit rice recipe, sprinkle with parsley and serve with a good red wine!
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 1.2 kg / (2 2/3 pounds) rabbit cut into pieces
- 100 ml / (6 3/4 tablespoons) olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- Pepper (to taste)
- 150 ml / (1/2 cup and 2 tablespoons) white wine
- 250 grams / (8 3/4 ounces) rice
- Parsley (to taste)
- 1 chicken stock cube
- Salt (to taste)
- In a saucepan put the olive oil, chopped onion, bay leaf, chopped garlics and saute over low heat until the onion starts to turn slightly golden. Add the rabbit pieces, stir and fry them on both sides over low heat about 20 minutes until slightly golden, stirring occasionally.
- Season the rabbit with some salt and pepper. Pour the white wine, stir and cook over low heat about 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the rice and the chicken stock cube and season with a little salt. Stir, pour the water (enough water to completely cover the mixture) and boil over medium-high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to low heat and cook about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve immediately.