Rice with spare ribs and peppers2013-11-28
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 45m
- Ready In : 50m
Rate this recipe:
Want to prepare an easy recipe, with excellent presentation and quite tasty? This rice recipe with ribs cooked with peppers is simply delicious! Try it, you gonna love it!!
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 800 grams / (1 3/4 pounds) spare ribs cut into pieces
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 medium onion
- 1 tablespoon red pepper sauce
- Pepper (to taste)
- 100 ml / (6 3/4 tablespoons) olive oil
- 250 grams / (8 3/4 ounces) rice
- Coriander (to taste)
- 1/2 green pepper
- 1/2 yellow pepper
- 1/2 orange pepper
- Salt (to taste)
- Put 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil, two chopped garlics and the chopped onion in a saucepan and saute over low heat until the onion start to turn slightly golden brown. Add the spare ribs and the peppers cut into strips and season with a little salt, pepper and red pepper sauce. Stir, cover the pan and cook over low for about 40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, put the remaining olive oil and the remaining chopped garlic clove in a saucepan and saute over low heat for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the rice and season with a little salt. Stir and fry the rice for about 1 minute. Pour the water (twice the rice volume) and boil over medium high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to low heat and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Add the rice and the chopped coriander to the meat pan. Mix everything well, turn off the heat and serve.