- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 40m
Rate this recipe:
A simple recipe, easy to prepare, shredded cod confectioned in a sautéed of olive oil, onion and garlic, seasoned with pepper and salt, mixed in fried potatoes, sprinkled with chopped parsley.
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 3 desalted cod steaks (about 750 grams / (1 2/3 pounds))
- 1 kg / (2 1/4 pounds) potatoes
- 150 ml / (1/2 cup and 2 tablespoons) olive oil
- 5 cloves of garlic
- Pepper (to taste)
- 1 large onion
- Parsley (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Olive oil for frying the potatoes
- Wash and peel the potatoes. Cut them into round slices and fry in olive oil. When the potatoes are fried, place them on a platter over absorbent paper. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a pan with water cook the cod steaks. Once cooked, remove the skins and the spines and shred the cod in slivers with the help of a fork. Set aside.
- In another pan, place in the bottom the onion cut into round slices, on top, a layer of potatoes, one of cod and, finally, another layer of potatoes. Season with chopped garlics and pepper and drizzle with olive oil. Stir with a wooden spoon, cover the pan and bring to cook over low heat about 10 to 12 minutes. Stir gently once in a while.
- Turn off the heat, sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.