Butter lemon muffins2016-12-09
- Servings : 16 units
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 40m
We suggest these butter lemon muffins for a snack with friends! They are fluffy, very tasty, have excellent presentation and are perfect to serve with a hot tea!
Units: Metric (Units: US)
- 3 eggs
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) softened butter
- Zest of one lemon
- Juice of one lemon
- 125 grams (1/2 cup) granulated sugar
- 125 grams (1 cup) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF). Grease muffin pans with margarine and sprinkle with flour.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the sugar, the eggs and the lemon zest until obtain a homogeneous mixture. Add the butter, lemon juice, vanilla extract and mix for 3 to 4 minutes until it’s nicely incorporated. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until a creamy and homogeneous mixture.
- Pour small portions of the dough in each one of the muffin pans (about two thirds of the pans) and bake for 20 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- Remove the muffins from the oven and unmold. Let cool to room temperature and serve.