Cinnamon fennel cake2014-04-04
- Servings : 12 slices
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 45m
With the intense and special flavors of cinnamon and fennel this cake is delicious… Serve with tea!
Units: Metric (Units: US)
- 100 ml (1/4 pint (118 ml)) whipping cream
- 150 grams (1 cup) all-purpose flour
- 150 grams (2/3 cup) granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon liquid caramel
- 1 teaspoon fennel powder
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF). Grease a loaf tin (25 x 11 centimeters with 7 centimeters high (9 3/4 x 4 1/3-inch with 2 3/4-inch-high)) with margarine and sprinkle with flour.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the eggs and sugar until obtain a creamy and homogeneous texture. Add the cream together with the cinnamon, fennel, liquid caramel and mix for 3 to 4 minutes until well incorporated. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until a homogeneous mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 30 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- When the cake is cooked, remove from oven and unmold onto a plate. Let cool to room temperature and serve.