Cinnamon fennel cake2014-04-04
- Servings : 12 slices
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 45m
Rate this recipe:
With the intense and special flavors of cinnamon and fennel this cake is delicious… Serve with tea!
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 100 ml / (6 3/4 tablespoons) whipping cream
- 150 grams / (5 1/3 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 150 grams / (5 1/3 ounces) sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon liquid caramel
- 1 teaspoon fennel powder
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / (350ºF). Grease a loaf tin (27 x 10 centimeters / (10 2/3 x 4 inches)) with margarine and sprinkle with flour.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the eggs and sugar until obtain a creamy and homogeneous texture. Add the cream together with the cinnamon, fennel, liquid caramel and mix for 3 to 4 minutes until well incorporated. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until a homogeneous mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 30 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- When the cake is cooked, remove from oven and unmold onto a plate. Let cool to room temperature and serve.