Honey cinnamon and lemon cake2015-09-03
- Servings : 12 slices
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 50m
Drink a hot chocolate on a winter afternoon served with this delicious honey, cinnamon and lemon cake. A delight!
Units: Metric (Units: US)
- 4 eggs
- 175 grams (1 1/4 cups) all-purpose flour
- 150 grams (about 1 cup) brown sugar
- Zest of one lemon
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF). Grease a bundt cake pan (24 x 8 centimeters (9 1/2-inch diameter with 3 1/4-inch-high sides)) with margarine and sprinkle with flour.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the eggs together with the sugar and the lemon zest until obtain a homogeneous mixture. Then, add the lemon juice, honey and the cinnamon and mix about 2 to 3 minutes to incorporate. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until creamy.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 30 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- Remove the cake from oven and unmold. Let cool to room temperature and serve.