Roast veal (regional cuisine)2012-11-09
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 60m
- Ready In : 3:05 h
Rate this recipe:
A traditional Portuguese recipe of veal in the oven that you’ll want to taste. Try it!!!
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 1 kg / (2 1/4 pounds) veal
- 1.2 kg / (2 2/3 pounds) potatoes
- 2 medium onions
- 100 ml / (6 3/4 tablespoons) olive oil
- Margarine (to taste)
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- Pepper (to taste)
- 150 ml / (1/2 cup and 2 tablespoons) white wine
- Salt (to taste)
- Rub the veal with margarine. Season with salt, pepper, unpeeled crushed garlic, 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) white wine and bay leaf. Let marinate about two hours.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / (350ºF).
- Peel and wash the potatoes. In the bottom of a baking pan put the onions cut into round slices and on top, the potatoes seasoned with a little salt and the veal together with the marinade. Drizzle everything with olive oil and the remaining white wine. Bake about an hour. Occasionally drizzle the meat and the potatoes with the sauce.
- Turn off the oven and serve.