Traditional dogfish soup2016-05-10
- Servings : 2
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 1:05 h
This dogfish soup recipe is great to make know the traditional Portuguese food. With the great taste of garlic and coriander, this creamy soup is delicious and everyone will love it! It’s easy, try it!
Units: Metric (Units: US)
- 2 dogfish steaks (about 500 grams (17 1/2 ounces))
- 1 liter (about 4 cups) water
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 bunch of coriander
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Pepper (to taste)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 medium onion
- Bread (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Put the dogfish in a bowl and season with olive oil, chopped garlic, pepper, paprika, chopped coriander and bay leaf.
Let marinate about 30 minutes.
- Put the water seasoned with salt and a peeled onion in a saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to medium-low heat and add the dogfish steaks together with the marinade. Cook for about 10 minutes.
- When the dogfish is cooked, remove it with a skimmer to a bowl. Remove the fish bones and set aside. Remove also the onion and the bay leaf.
- Add the sifted flour to the dogfish cooking water, stir with a wooden spoon and place the saucepan over low heat until the broth thickens slightly; about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, place back the dogfish into the pan and let stand about 5 minutes.
- Serve the dogfish soup with small bread pieces (the traditional way to serve it is with bread pieces inside the soup).