A typical Portuguese sweet, with excellent presentation, very nice and easy to prepare, confectioned with angel hair pasta, milk and eggs, with a slight cinnamon aroma.
Follow us for more recipes
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
- 125 grams (4 1/2 ounces) angel hair pasta
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 500 ml (about 2 cups) milk
- 125 grams (1/2 cup) granulated sugar
- Lemon peel
- 3 egg yolks
- Cinnamon powder (to taste)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 teaspoon liquid caramel
- In a saucepan, place the milk, lemon peel, margarine, cinnamon stick, sugar and the liquid caramel. Stir with a wooden spoon, bring the pan over medium-high heat and simmer. When starts boiling, add the angel hair pasta, stir and cook about 10 minutes (stir once in a while for the pasta don’t stick to the pan).
- When the pasta is cooked and the milk slightly creamy, remove from heat and allow to cool about five minutes.
- Beat with a fork the egg yolks and mix quickly in the pasta. Place the angel hair pasta on a plate and garnish with cinnamon powder.
- Let cool and serve.