This typical Cod "à Gomes de Sá" recipe is greatly appreciated and very easy to prepare, have excellent presentation and will delight any family. Bon appetit!!!
- 3 desalted cod steaks (about 800 grams (1 3/4 pounds))
- 100 ml (1/2 cup) olive oil
- 2 medium onions
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1.2 kg (2 2/3 pounds) potatoes
- 4 eggs
- Parsley (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Cook the eggs in a saucepan with water. When the eggs are cooked, remove the peel and cut into round slices; set aside.
- Peel, wash the potatoes and put them in a saucepan with water seasoned with salt. Bring to a boil over high heat. When the water starts boiling, reduce to medium-low heat and simmer about 20 minutes. When the potatoes are almost cooked, add the cod and cook about 6 to 7 minutes. Turn off the heat and drain the potatoes and the cod with a skimmer.
- Let the cod cool slightly and remove the skin and bones. Flake it with a fork and season with a little pepper. Cut the potatoes into round slices and set aside.
- Put the olive oil, the onions cut into round slices, the chopped garlic and the bay leaf in a saucepan and saute over low heat until the onion start to turn golden brown. Add the flaked cod and the potatoes, mix gently with a spoon and cook more two to three minutes over low heat.
- Turn off the heat, add the sliced eggs, sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.