This is a favorite dish for a traditional lunch in family. Brings the childhood memories and flavors stored in memory.
- 500 grams (17 1/2 ounces) chickpeas
- 4 desalted cod steaks (about 1 kg (2 1/4 pounds))
- 1 medium onion
- Olive oil (to taste)
- Parsley (to taste)
- 4 eggs
- Vinegar (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Soak the chickpeas overnight.
- The next day, cook the chickpeas in a pressure cooker with water seasoned with some salt about 20 to 25 minutes. When the chickpeas are cooked, drain it with a skimmer and set aside.
- Meanwhile, peel and wash the potatoes. Put them together with the eggs in a saucepan with water seasoned with salt. Bring to a boil over high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to medium-low heat and cook about 20 minutes. When the potatoes and the eggs are almost cooked, add the cod steaks and simmer more six to seven minutes. When everything is cooked, drain the water and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix with a fork the chopped onion and the chopped parsley.
- Drizzle the cod, potatoes, chickpeas and the eggs cut into round slices with olive oil and vinegar and pour the onion and parsley mixture over the cod.