If you like cakes with fruit, this is perfect for you! With few ingredients, this mango cake with a soft cinnamon touch has excellent presentation and is quite pleasant. Bon appetit!!!
- 400 grams (14 ounces) mango
- 4 eggs
- 125 grams (1/2 cup) granulated sugar
- 175 grams (1 1/4 cups) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF). Grease a loaf tin (24 x 10 centimeters with 7 centimeters high (9 1/2 x 4-inch with 2 3/4-inch-high)) with margarine and dust with some flour.
- Wash, peel the mango and cut into small pieces. Place the mango and the cinnamon in a blender and blend on high until obtain a creamy mixture, about 30 seconds. Set aside.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the eggs and the sugar until obtain a homogeneous mixture. Add the mango mixture and mix for 2 to 3 minutes until it’s nicely incorporated. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until a creamy mixture.
- Pour the dough into the prepared tin and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 40 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- Turn off the oven and unmold the cake. Let cool to room temperature and serve.