Want a quick recipe to prepare for your friends? This recipe of minced meat with rice is perfect for you! Is simple, tasty and everyone will love it…
- 150 grams (5 1/3 ounces) minced beef
- 150 grams (5 1/3 ounces) minced pork
- 1 medium ripe tomato
- 2 medium onions
- 3 cloves of garlic
- Pepper (to taste)
- 100 ml (1/2 cup) olive oil
- Nutmeg (to taste)
- Oregano (to taste)
- 150 grams (3/4 cup) rice
- 1 teaspoon saffron
- Salt (to taste)
- Mix the minced meat and season with chopped garlic, pepper, nutmeg and salt. Mix well the spices into the meat and let marinate about one hour.
- Put 50 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil, one chopped onion and the saffron in a saucepan and saute over low heat until the onion start to turn slightly golden. Add the rice and season with a little salt. Stir and fry for about 1 minute. Add the water (twice the rice volume) and boil over medium-high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to low heat and cook the rice about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put the remaining olive oil, a chopped onion and the peeled tomato cut into small pieces in a frying pan and cook over low heat until the tomato start to break down, stirring occasionally. Add the meat, stir and cook over medium-low heat about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Turn off the heat, add the rice to the skillet and season with oregano. Mix the meat into the rice and serve.