Typical family lunches require a warm and very tasty meal that joins everyone to the table, this recipe of pork loin with chestnuts in the oven is the ideal one! Its preparation is easy and the taste is delicious…
- 1 kg (2 1/4 pounds) pork loin
- 10 cloves of garlic
- 2 medium onions
- 1.2 kg (2 2/3 pounds) potatoes
- 400 grams (14 ounces) chestnuts
- 150 ml (2/3 cup) olive oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Pepper (to taste)
- 200 ml (about 1 cup) white wine
- Salt (to taste)
- Season the pork loin with salt, pepper, bay leaf, unpeeled crushed garlic and white wine. Let marinate for approximately two hours.
- Put the chestnuts in a saucepan with water seasoned with some salt. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce to low heat and cook the chestnuts about 35 to 40 minutes. When they are cooked, let cool and remove the peel.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF).
- Place at the bottom of a rectangular baking dish the onions cut into round slices and, on top, the potatoes cut into cubes and the loin with the marinade. Season the potatoes with a little salt, drizzle everything with olive oil and bake about one hour. Occasionally drizzle the meat and potatoes with the sauce.
- When the potatoes and the meat start to turn slightly golden, remove briefly the baking dish from oven. Add the chestnuts, brush the meat with honey and place the baking dish back in the oven more 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve.