- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 35m
- Ready In : 45m
Rate this recipe:
Meat cubes seasoned with salt, nutmeg, pepper and garlic, confectioned in a sauce of tomato, olive oil and onions, mixed with fries and green pepper.
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 800 grams / (1 3/4 pounds) beef cut into cubes
- 1/2 green pepper
- 2 medium onions
- 3 medium ripe tomatoes
- 4 cloves of garlic
- Pepper (to taste)
- Nutmeg (to taste)
- 1 bay leaf
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil
- 100 ml / (6 3/4 tablespoons) white wine
- Salt (to taste)
- 1 kg / (2 1/4 pounds) potatoes
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Season the meat with chopped garlics, pepper, nutmeg, bay leaf, white wine and salt. Set aside.
- In a pan, place the olive oil, the peeled tomatoes cut into small pieces and the chopped onion. Leave to sauté over low heat until the tomatoes start to break down. Add the meat with the marinade and the green pepper cut into strips. Stir with a wooden spoon, cover the pan and cook on medium-low heat about 25 minutes. Stir once in a while.
- Meanwhile, peel and wash the potatoes. Cut them into cubes and fry in hot oil. When they are fried, place them on a platter over absorbent paper.
- When the meat is cooked, mix gently with a spoon the fried potatoes in the meat.