- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 40m
A delicious jam, excellent to serve with toasts or biscuits, confectioned with pear, sugar, Port wine and cinnamon stick.
Units: Metric (Units: US)
- 1.2 kg (2 2/3 pounds) ripe pear
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons Port wine
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Wash, peel the pears and cut into pieces.
- Place the pear pieces in a pan along with the sugar, cinnamon stick and the Port wine. Bring the pan over medium heat, stir and cook until pureed. Stir once in a while.
- Turn off the heat, remove the cinnamon stick and let cool completely.
- Reserve the sweet in a glass jar tightly closed.
Nutrition facts per serving (6 servings)
Total Fat: 0.5 g(0%)
Saturated Fat: 0 g(0%)
Cholesterol: 0 mg(0%)
Sodium: 3 mg(0%)
Total Carbohydrate: 47.5 g(16%)
Protein: 0.5 g