Pork leg with mustard2014-01-29
- Servings : 4/5
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 1:10 h
- Ready In : 2:10 h
Rate this recipe:
If you are going to make a family lunch this is the proper recipe, pork leg in the oven brushed with mustard.
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 1 kg / (2 1/4 pounds) pork leg
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- Pepper (to taste)
- 1.2 kg / (2 2/3 pounds) small potatoes
- 2 medium onions
- 300 ml / (1 1/4 cups) olive oil
- 200 ml / (3/4 cup and 1 1/2 tablespoons) white wine
- 8 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 1 bay leaf
- Coriander (to taste)
- Chilli (to taste)
- Parsley (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Season the meat with salt, nutmeg, bay leaf, 4 chopped garlic, pepper and white wine. Let marinate about one hour.
- Meanwhile, wash the potatoes. Place them with the peel in a saucepan with water seasoned with salt. Bring to a boil over high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to medium heat and cook about 20 minutes. When the potatoes are cooked, drain them with a skimmer and let cool slightly. Cut the potatoes into round slices and place them on a baking pan. Drizzle with 100 ml / (6 3/4 tablespoons) olive oil and season with the remaining chopped garlic and chopped coriander; set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / (350ºF).
- In a rectangular baking dish, place the onion cut into quarters and the meat together with the marinade, parsley, chilli and drizzle with the remaining olive oil. Place the potatoes baking pan on the oven upper grill and in the lower grill, the meat baking dish. Bake about an hour until the meat start to brown (remove the potatoes 30 minutes after you have placed in the oven). Occasionally drizzle the meat with the sauce.
- When the meat is almost baked, remove it briefly from oven, brush with mustard and place back on the oven more 10 minutes.
- Turn off the oven and serve the pork leg with the potatoes.