Traditional cod in the oven2012-11-07
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 1:15 h
- Ready In : 1:30 h
Rate this recipe:
Traditional recipes always have a prominent place at the table. This cod recipe in the oven is an excellent choice in any occasion and is easy to prepare!
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 4 desalted cod steaks (about 1 kg / (2 1/4 pounds))
- 1.2 kg / (2 2/3 pounds) potatoes
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 200 ml / (3/4 cup and 1 1/2 tablespoons) olive oil
- Pepper (to taste)
- 8 cloves of garlic
- 2 medium onions
- Salt (to taste)
- Wash the potatoes, place them with the peel in a saucepan with water seasoned with salt and bring to a boil over high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to medium-low heat and cook about 20 minutes. When the potatoes are cooked, drain them with a skimmer and remove the peel; set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / (350ºF).
- Place at the bottom of a rectangular baking dish the onions cut into round slices and, on top, the cod and the potatoes. Season with unpeeled crushed garlic, paprika and pepper. Drizzle everything with olive oil and bake about 50 minutes. Occasionally, drizzle the cod and potatoes with the sauce.
- Turn off the oven and serve.