The chicken is a delicious meat and very simple to prepare, try it in the oven served with golden potatoes. Your friends and family will love it…
- 1.5 kg (3 1/3 pounds) chicken cut into pieces
- 1.2 kg (2 2/3 pounds) small potatoes
- 2 medium onions
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 lemons
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 150 ml (2/3 cup) white wine
- 100 ml (1/2 cup) olive oil
- 2 bay leaves
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF).
- Rub the chicken with margarine and season with juice of one lemon, pepper, 2 chopped garlic and salt. Place the onions cut into round slices and the chicken with the marinade in a baking pan. Drizzle with 100 ml (1/2 cup) white wine and olive oil and bake until the chicken start to turn slightly golden, about 1 hour and 10 minutes. Occasionally drizzle the chicken with the sauce.
- Meanwhile, wash well the potatoes. Put them in a bowl and season with 50 ml (1/4 cup) white wine, salt, pepper, 2 chopped garlic, bay leaf and juice of one lemon. Let marinate about 30 minutes.
- Remove the marinade from the potatoes and fry them on hot oil. When the potatoes are fried, put them on a plate with absorbent paper.
- Turn off the oven and serve the chicken with the potatoes.