Grouper is a very tasty fish and nutritious, easy to prepare in the oven. Serve this tasty recipe with a refreshing white wine.
- 4 grouper steaks (about 900 grams (2 pounds))
- 3 medium onions
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- Pepper (to taste)
- 150 ml (2/3 cup) white wine
- 100 ml (1/2 cup) olive oil
- 200 ml (about 1 cup) water
- 1 kg (2 1/4 pounds) potatoes
- Salt (to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF).
- Place the fish in a platter and season with salt and pepper. Wash, peel the potatoes and cut them into round slices.
- Place the onions cut into round slices, bay leaf and the unpeeled crushed garlic (place the garlic on a table and use your hand to press the flat side of the knife against the garlic. The garlic will easily crush under your weight) in a baking pan. Add the fish and the potatoes, drizzle with olive oil, white wine and water and bake in the oven about one hour until the fish and the potatoes begin to browned. Drizzle occasionally the fish and the potatoes with the sauce.
- Remove the baking pan from the oven and serve with white wine.