A delicious recipe and simple to prepare, monkfish wrapped in rice confectioned in a sautéed of olive oil, tomato and onion, seasoned with salt and pepper, sprinkled with chopped coriander.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTERSubscribe to our newsletter and receive new recipes in your inbox.
- 700 grams (1 1/2 pounds) monkfish
- 250 grams (1 1/4 cups) rice
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 medium onions
- 1 small onion to cook the fish
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1/2 green pepper
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- Coriander (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Cook the monkfish in a pan with water seasoned with salt, a small onion and a bunch of coriander. When the fish is cooked place on a plate and allow to cool. Remove the skins and the spines and break into pieces. Reserve the cooking water.
- In another pan, place the olive oil, the peeled tomatoes cut into small pieces, the chopped onions, the chopped garlic and the bay leaf. Leave to sauté over low heat until the tomato start to break down. Stir once in a while.
- Add the peppers cut into strips, stir, pour the rice and the monkfish pieces and season with a little salt and pepper. Stir, pour the cooking water (twice the volume of the rice), simmer and cook about 10 to 12 minutes.
- When the rice is cooked turn off the heat, sprinkle with chopped coriander and serve immediately.