This stewed chicken recipe with pasta is a delight. It’s a healthy dish, easy to prepare and light for a Summer dinner with friends.
- 4 chicken breasts (about 1.2 kg (2 2/3 pounds))
- 250 grams (8 3/4 ounces) spaghetti
- 1/2 green pepper
- 200 grams (1 1/3 cups) peas
- 50 grams (1 3/4 ounces) Portuguese chouriço
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 150 ml (2/3 cup) white wine
- Pepper (to taste)
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 100 ml (1/2 cup) olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 1 small onion to cook the pasta
- Salt (to taste)
- Cut the chicken breasts into pieces. In a saucepan, put the olive oil, chopped garlic, chopped onion, the peeled chouriço cut into small pieces and saute over low heat until the onion starts to turn golden brown. Then, add the chicken pieces, peas and the green pepper cut into strips. Season with salt, pepper, paprika and white wine. Stir and cook over low heat about 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, bring to a boil a saucepan with water seasoned with some salt and a small peeled onion. When starts boiling, reduce to low heat and add the spaghetti. Cook for 10 to 12 minutes. When the spaghetti is cooked, drain well the water.
- Add the spaghetti to the chicken saucepan, mix everything well and serve.