Chicken with fruit2014-10-29
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 60m
- Ready In : 1:35 h
Rate this recipe:
The chicken can be prepared in several ways. We present this chicken recipe with fruit in the oven, this perfect blend of flavors, is the ideal meal to serve in a summer lunch among friends.
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 1.5 kg / (3 1/3 pounds) chicken cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 250 grams / (8 3/4 ounces) pineapple cut into pieces
- 1 orange cut into round slices
- Juice of one orange
- 1 lemon cut into round slices
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 red apple cut into quarters
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil
- Pepper (to taste)
- Nutmeg (to taste)
- Thyme (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Salt (to taste)
- Put the chicken pieces on a baking dish and season with some salt, lemon juice, nutmeg, orange juice, honey, pepper and thyme. Let marinate about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / (350ºF).
- Put the fruit over the chicken, sprinkle with brown sugar, drizzle with olive oil and bake for about one hour. Occasionally drizzle the chicken with the sauce.
- Turn off the oven and serve the chicken with chips or white rice.
Nutrition facts per serving (4 servings):
Total Fat: 23.5 g(30%)
Saturated Fat: 5 g(25%)
Cholesterol: 289 mg(105%)
Sodium: 278 mg(12%)
Total Carbohydrate: 34.5 g(11%)
Protein: 109.5 g