French toast (Portuguese style)2012-11-06
- Servings : 16 slices
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 40m
Rate this recipe:
French toast is a typical, simple and delicious sweet that is usually prepared in the holiday season.
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 1 loaf of bread (about 16 slices)
- Milk to dip the bread
- 3 to 4 eggs
- Sugar and cinnamon for dusting
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Cut the bread into slices.
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl. Dip the bread slices in milk and then in beaten eggs.
- Heat a frying pan with vegetable oil. When the oil is hot, add the bread slices and fry them on both sides until golden. When the slices are fried, remove them with a spatula and place them on a plate with absorbent paper.
- Let cool slightly and coat them in sugar mixed with cinnamon.