Tuna in the oven2017-06-17
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 45m
- Ready In : 55m
Do you like tuna and want to prepare a quick, different and very tasty meal for the friends who came for dinner? Try this tuna recipe in the oven, your friends will love it…
Units: Metric (Units: US)
- 350 grams (12 1/3 ounces) canned tuna
- 800 grams (1 3/4 pounds) potatoes
- 2 eggs
- 1 medium onion
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- Pepper (to taste)
- Nutmeg (to taste)
- 200 ml (about 1 cup) béchamel sauce
- 100 ml (1/4 pint (118 ml)) whipping cream
- Parsley (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Cook the eggs in a saucepan with water. When the eggs are cooked, peel them and set aside.
- Peel and wash the potatoes. Cut them into fine sticks and fry in hot oil. When they are fried, place the potatoes in a dish with absorbent paper.
- Meanwhile, shred the tuna with a fork; set aside. Place the olive oil and the chopped onion in a saucepan and saute over low heat until the onion start to turn slightly golden. Add the tuna and season with pepper and nutmeg. Stir and cook for about 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the potatoes, mix gently and cook more 2 to 3 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF).
- In a bowl, mix with a fork the béchamel, the cream and the chopped parsley.
- Place the tuna mixture on a baking dish and garnish with the eggs cut into round slices. Drizzle with the béchamel mixture and bake until golden, about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Turn off the oven and serve with salad.