Vanilla ice cream2013-10-03
- Servings : 6 bowls
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 6:25 h
Rate this recipe:
With heat and the Summer a refreshing and delicious dessert is always welcome! This simple vanilla ice cream with excellent presentation is perfect for you!
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 4 egg yolks
- 150 ml / (1/2 cup and 2 tablespoons) milk
- 100 grams / (3 1/2 ounces) sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 200 ml / (3/4 cup and 1 1/2 tablespoons) heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- Cinnamon powder for garnish
Whip the cream and the powdered sugar until stiff peaks form. Reserve in the fridge.
In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the egg yolks and the sugar until obtain a creamy mixture. Add the vanilla powder, milk, vanilla extract and mix for 2 to 3 minutes until it’s nicely incorporated. Finally, fold gently with a spatula the whipped cream.
Pour the previous mixture in a rectangular dish and freeze until set; about 6 hours or overnight.
Serve the ice cream garnished with cinnamon powder.