Vanilla ice cream2013-10-03
- Servings : 6 bowls
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 6:25 h
Rate this recipe:
With heat and the Summer a refreshing and delicious dessert is always welcome! This simple vanilla ice cream with excellent presentation is perfect for you!
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 4 egg yolks
- 150 ml / (1/2 cup and 2 tablespoons) milk
- 100 grams / (3 1/2 ounces) sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 200 ml / (3/4 cup and 1 1/2 tablespoons) heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- Cinnamon powder for garnish
- Whip the cream and the powdered sugar until stiff peaks form. Reserve in the fridge.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the egg yolks and the sugar until obtain a creamy mixture. Add the vanilla powder, milk, vanilla extract and mix for 2 to 3 minutes until it’s nicely incorporated. Finally, fold gently with a spatula the whipped cream.
- Pour the previous mixture in a rectangular dish and freeze until set; about 6 hours or overnight.
- Serve the ice cream garnished with cinnamon powder.