Tuna with rice2014-02-24
- Servings : 2
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 30m
Rate this recipe:
Do not have much time? We have the perfect solution for you! This tuna recipe with rice is simple, quick and quite tasty. Try it…
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 150 grams / (5 1/3 ounces) rice
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil
- Pepper (to taste)
- 225 grams / (8 ounces) canned tuna
- Oregano (to taste)
- 50 grams / (1 3/4 ounces) grated cheese
- 1 medium onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Juice of half lemon
- Salt (to taste)
- Shred the tuna with a fork and season with some pepper and oregano.
- Put the olive oil, chopped garlic and the chopped onion in a saucepan and saute over low heat until the onion start to turn golden. Add the rice seasoned with a little salt, stir and fry in the olive oil for about one minute, stirring occasionally. Pour the water (twice the rice volume), stir and boil over medium-high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to low heat and cook about 10 to 12 minutes.
- When the rice is almost cooked, add the tuna and the grated cheese and fold into the rice with a spoon. Turn off the heat, season with lemon juice and some more pepper and serve.