Who doesn’t like chocolate! The version of this chocolate cake with pear is delicious. It’s a different cake by appearance but very easy to prepare. The fusion of these two flavors is quite smooth, fresh and very pleasant.
The way to prepare this cake is equal to many of the cakes recipes that we have on our website, the only difference is the pear topping that gives the cake a different twist. Simple and delicious is what we all want. Bon appetit!!!
- 125 grams (1 cup) chocolate powder
- 125 grams (4 1/2 ounces) natural yogurt
- 3 pears
- 3 eggs
- 200 grams (7 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 150 grams (about 1 cup) dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF). Grease a bundt cake pan (24 x 8 centimeters (9 1/2-inch diameter with 3 1/4-inch-high sides)) with margarine and dust with some flour.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the eggs and the brown sugar until obtain a homogeneous mixture. Add the chocolate powder, the yogurt and mix for 3 to 4 minutes until it’s nicely incorporated. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until a creamy and homogeneous mixture.
- Wash, peel the pears and cut in slices.
- Pour the dough into the prepared pan and the pear slices on top. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 35 to 40 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- Turn off the oven and unmold the cake onto a plate. Let cool to room temperature and serve.