Chicken ‘à jardineira’2013-11-15
- Servings : 4/5
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 55m
- Ready In : 1:05 h
Rate this recipe:
If you want to prepare a healthy, nutritious but also quite tasty meal, cook this chicken recipe ‘à jardineira’. Has excellent presentation and it’s a perfect meal for a family dinner!
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 1.2 kg / (2 2/3 pounds) chicken cut into pieces
- 2 medium onions
- 3 cloves of garlic
- Pepper (to taste)
- Nutmeg (to taste)
- Bay leaf (to taste)
- 200 grams / (7 ounces) peas
- 200 grams / (7 ounces) green beans
- 3 medium carrots
- 900 grams / (2 pounds) potatoes
- 3 medium ripe tomatoes
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil
- Salt (to taste)
- In a saucepan put the olive oil, the chopped garlic, the chopped onion, the peeled tomatoes cut into small pieces and the chicken. Season with salt, pepper, nutmeg and bay leaf. Stir and cook over low heat for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Peel, wash the potatoes and cut into cubes. Add the potatoes to the pan together with the peas, carrots and green beans cut into pieces. Pour the water (enough water to completely cover the mixture) and season with a little more salt. Stir and cook over medium-low heat for more 25 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Turn off the heat and serve.