Rice pudding with condensed milk2013-12-30
- Servings : 6 bowls
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 25m
- Ready In : 45m
Going to receive friends at home and want to prepare a special dessert? This rice pudding with condensed milk is the perfect solution! Everyone will enjoy this creamy, light and very tasty sweet.
Units: Metric (Units: US)
- 500 ml (about 2 cups) water
- 1 lemon peel
- 1 cinnamon stick
- A pinch of salt
- 180 grams (about 1 cup) rice
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) milk
- 397 grams (14 ounces) condensed milk
- Cinnamon powder
- Pour the water in a saucepan with the cinnamon stick, lemon peel and a pinch of salt. Place the saucepan over medium-high heat and bring to boil. When starts boiling, add the rice and cook for 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine the condensed milk with the milk; set aside.
- When the rice is cooked, remove the lemon peel and the cinnamon stick. Add the condensed milk mixture, mix well and cook over low heat more 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Turn off the heat, pour the rice in individual bowls and let cool. Sprinkle with cinnamon powder and serve.
Rice pudding with condensed milk
Nutrition facts per serving (6 bowls)
Total Fat: 6 g(9%)
Saturated Fat: 3.5 g(18%)
Cholesterol: 22 mg(7%)
Sodium: 115 mg(5%)
Total Carbohydrate: 58.5 g(19%)
Protein: 7.5 g