Want to prepare a simple chicken recipe for your family and friends? This bittersweet chicken recipe in the oven will amaze everyone! The sweet mix of flavors that the chicken offers will delight your family and friends, try it!!
- 1.5 kg (3 1/3 pounds) chicken cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 75 ml (1/3 cup) olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Oregano (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- Bay leaf (to taste)
- Nutmeg (to taste)
- Thyme (to taste)
- 1 large onion
- Juice of one lemon
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Salt (to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF).
- Put the chicken on a baking dish together with the onion cut into quarters and the peeled garlic. Season with salt, pepper, nutmeg, oregano, thyme, honey, brown sugar, bay leaf, lemon juice, cinnamon and Worcestershire sauce.
- Drizzle with the olive oil and bake until golden brown, about 50 minutes. Occasionally drizzle the chicken with the sauce.
- Turn off the oven and serve the chicken with chips and lettuce salad.