- Servings : 12 slices
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 50m
Rate this recipe:
Do you like tasty cakes but light and fluffy? We present our water cake recipe, easy to prepare and it’s great accompanied with fresh orange juice…
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 5 eggs
- 175 grams / (6 1/4 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 125 grams / (4 1/2 ounces) sugar
- 1 tablespoon liquid caramel
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 100 ml / (6 3/4 tablespoons) water
- Zest of one lemon
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / (350ºF). Grease a bundt cake pan (24 x 8 centimeters / (9 1/2 x 3 1/4 inches)) with margarine and dust with flour.
- Separate the yolks from the whites. Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form and store in the fridge.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the egg yolks, sugar and the lemon zest until a creamy mixture. Pour the water and the liquid caramel and mix about 2 to 3 minutes until it’s nicely incorporated. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until obtain a homogeneous and creamy mixture. Finally, fold gently with a spatula the whipped egg whites.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 30 to 35 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- When the cake is cooked, remove from oven and unmold onto a plate. Let cool to room temperature and serve.