Do you want a nutritious cake, tasty and with excellent presentation? Serve this English cake in a snack with friends, a delight!
- 200 grams (about 1 cup) granulated sugar
- 150 grams (5 1/3 ounces) candied fruit
- 25 grams (1 ounce) nuts
- 200 grams (1 1/2 cups) all-purpose flour
- 125 grams (1/2 cup) softened margarine
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Zest of one lemon
- 25 grams (1 ounce) peeled almond
- 25 grams (1 ounce) raisins
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF). Grease a loaf tin (25 x 11 centimeters with 7 centimeters high (9 3/4 x 4 1/3-inch with 2 3/4-inch-high)) with margarine and sprinkle with flour.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the sugar together with the lemon zest and the margarine until obtain a creamy mixture. Add the eggs and beat for 3 to 4 minutes until well incorporated. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until a homogeneous and creamy mixture. After everything well beaten, fold with a spatula the candied fruit, the nuts broken into small pieces, the almond and the raisins.
- Pour the dough into the prepared tin and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 35 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- Remove the cake from oven and unmold. Let cool completely and serve.