- Servings : 8
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 40m
Rate this recipe:
A very tasty sweet, simple to prepare, pumpkin cooked along with sugar, cinnamon stick, orange juice, orange zest and lemon peel.
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 2 kg / (4 1/2 pounds) pumpkin
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 lemon peel
- 350 grams / (12 1/3 ounces) sugar
- 100 ml / (6 3/4 tablespoons) orange juice
- Zest of ane orange
- Peel the pumpkin, remove the seeds and cut it into small pieces. Place in a pan with the cinnamon stick, the sugar, the orange juice, the orange zest and the lemon peel.
- Place the pan over low heat stirring constantly. Cook the pumpkin until obtain a creamy mixture.
- Reserve the sweet in a glass jar tightly closed. Serve with fresh cheese and toasts.