Roasted rabbit in the oven2014-02-16
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 45m
- Ready In : 1:25 h
Rate this recipe:
A delicious recipe of roasted rabbit in the oven, with the aroma of the white wine, red wine and bay leaf. An ideal recipe for a family Sunday lunch.
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 1.2 kg / (2 2/3 pounds) rabbit cut into pieces
- 3 medium onions
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 100 ml / (6 3/4 tablespoons) white wine
- 100 ml / (6 3/4 tablespoons) red wine
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon red pepper sauce
- 100 ml / (6 3/4 tablespoons) olive oil
- Pepper (to taste)
- Parsley (to taste)
- 1.2 kg / (2 2/3 pounds) potatoes
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Salt (to taste)
- Place the rabbit in a platter and season with salt, chopped garlics, pepper, red pepper sauce, white wine, red wine and bay leaf. Let marinate about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF).
- In a glass baking dish, place the onions cut into round slices and, on top the rabbit with the marinade. Drizzle with olive oil and bring to the oven about 45 minutes until the rabbit start to browned.
- Meanwhile, peel and wash the potatoes. Cut them into cubes and fry in hot oil. When they are fried place them on a platter over absorbent paper.
- Turn off the oven, sprinkle the rabbit with chopped parsley and serve with chips.