For a family lunch, we have the ideal recipe for you! Turkey leg in the oven with potatoes, has excellent presentation and everyone will like it! Serve with a good red wine. Try it!
- 1 kg (2 1/4 pounds) turkey leg
- 100 ml (1/2 cup) white wine
- 100 ml (1/2 cup) olive oil
- Juice of one lemon
- 1.2 kg (2 2/3 pounds) small potatoes
- Pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Nutmeg (to taste)
- 5 bay leaves
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 2 medium onions
- Salt (to taste)
- Put the onions cut into round slices in the bottom of a baking pan and, on top, the turkey leg and the unpeeled potatoes. Season with some salt, pepper, paprika, nutmeg, the peeled whole garlic, lemon juice and the bay leaves. Drizzle with olive oil and white wine and let marinate about 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF).
- Bake until golden brown, about 1 hour and 30 minutes. Drizzle occasionally the turkey leg and the potatoes with the sauce.
- Turn off the oven and serve.